Pages

7.28.2012

Newly Decorated/Furnished Room!

I have recently, at last finished revamping my room, and I couldn't be more excited about it! I painted the walls a very clean, and bright white tinted with a shade of violet, and used a deep violet matte color for the trip and accent colors.

The key pieces of furniture in my room were purchased here and there, but predominately at ikea! I love shopping at ikea, not only for the great deals- but it is a wonderful place to gather inspiration!

I really love the feel of bright, organized, and spacious rooms. In my own bedroom- while beginning the revamping process, I made sure that each aspect of the room would have it's own 'space.'

I have a large hanging mirror, with a wall mounted shelf for doing make-up and hair, this was chosen because the square footage of my room is rather small, and a sit down piece would take up too much floor space.

The armoire picture above spans floor to ceiling, and fits perfectly inside the small closet space that I have. For many years, we were searching for the right doors to finish the closet, but when I saw this piece- equipped with mirrored doors- I immediately thought it was the perfect fit. The mirrored doors really create the illusion of a much larger space.

To the right of the armoire, pictured is a home crafted earring organization method. I took apart a square frame, and used just the frame itself- got 1cm x1cm metal screen and hot glued a square piece of the screen to exactly fit the back of the frame. When the glue dries, and you flip the frame to face the correct way- you have a perfect method to hang your earrings. The frame naturally sits just the right distance away from the wall to be hung, without getting in the way of your earring backs!

I am a collector of perfumes- and I love to display them, having the 60 in. long dresser with a glass top, allows for the perfect surface to position the beautiful bottles in just the right spot!

Ansel Adams happens to be one of my all time favorite photographers- and this massive coffee table book is the perfect way to create a center piece to my dresser top decoration- and it allowed me to show off some of my jewelry in a creative way! Can you tell I have a thing for Michael Kors watches ;)

Lastly, atop a very large stack of my collection of Real Simple, and Vogue magazines- I have a sweet smelling candle, and lavender lotion- two things which always help me to fall asleep :)

How do you like to decorate your own personal space?!


1 comment: