Pages

8.04.2012

Design Spaces I Just Adore!



With such big, bright, wide open window coverage on the walls of the two spaces pictured above- you can take the designing in two completely different ways! Taking advantage of the natural light available to you- this is the perfect space to add a darker wall color, and somewhat naturalistic furnishings. I love the "mountain home" feel of the kitchen space pictured top left. As for the layout and design of the top right- here the natural light is utilized, paired with a bright white wall color and bright spring colors to make the space seem larger and very welcoming. The perfect placement of the coffee table books, center tray, and sunflower vase is just the sort of symmetry I love :)


Above, is what I would imagine you could find in a studio apartment somewhere in the city, designed and decorated by a less than financially secure recent college grad trying to make the most of a small space on a dime. I love the way the rustic wall texture pairs with the small chair and table combination- and the added books on the floor lined up just so definitely add character!


I am a sucker for white, white, white open spaces. I love the pristine look and clean lines. In both the above pictured spaced the organization and particularities of item placement I think are fantastic! I especially love the contrast of the white walls and bright furnishings against the wood floor- just spectacular! In the desk space seen at the top right the biggest thing that stuck out to me here was the precise organization of all components to the desk, even down to the wall hangings!



This is another bright space which I thought was decorated and furnished quite tastefully. I love the antiqued finish of both the giant initial wall hanging, and the bureau. The color block style window treatments allow for you to stay simplistic while bringing in more than one accent color to play with!

 

Lastly, no surprise here- two more bright white designed spaces! Two things I absolutely loved about each of these spaces: in the kitchen pictures top left- take a note at the back splash material behind the sink faucet- painted brick! I thought that was such an interesting addition to the space! In the bedroom space on the top left, the flooring used was patterned and you can start to see that the throw pillows added to the bedding pull from the bold blue coloring of the floor pattern. 


What kind of spaces is your attention drawn to? Anything in particular you just love about a particular space in your own home?

No comments:

Post a Comment