Pages

9.24.2012

for the love of peonies

Favorite flowers...do you have one? 

This post is quite obviously more catered towards the female readership, but you guys can definitely take note, because knowing a girls' favorite flower can come up huge if/when you think your inside the 20-yard line... 


For the longest time my favorite flower was the gerber daisy, I can't really put a finger on when I first started loving the gerber daisy. All I know is that for as long as I can remember it has been my favorite! 

My dad is an extraordinarily spontaneous guy, and there are so many times over the years that I can remember him, completely out of the blue- bringing home a bouquet of flowers for my mom, and every now and then on those same nights that he walked in from a day at work with a bouquet for her- there would be a baby bouquet for me. 

They weren't always Gerber's...but any elementary school, middle school, high school, hell every college age girl is going to have a smile spread across her face anytime she receives a bouquet of flowers, but being the daddy's little girl that I am, flowers from dad were always the best "just because" surprise you could get. 

While I'll always love Gerber daisies, lately they have somewhat lost their charm on me.

My new "favorite" is without a doubt, the peony!

Receiving a bouquet of flowers, or even just a couple of flowers, in my opinion is your best bet if you want to make any girl smile :)

Do you have any great stories of romantic gestures all starting with a simple flower?

 I've got some great ones- from a bunch being left on my car, to my front porch, to being surprised with them at work, and every time is just as memorable as the last. 

Do you have a favorite flower? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment