Pages

8.13.2013

Water Is Life

You MUST watch this... seriously you can spare the 2:13 seconds for something this important!



Recently a friend posted a link to this video on Facebook, I decided to take a look- and I am glad that I did. Not only does this video demonstrate the importance of something as simple as clean water, something that I think 99.9% of us take for granted, but it offers you a way to help. A small, infinitesimal way to help something with much greater a meaning that just another donation. 

As a recent college graduate, I feel like I have spent so much of this summer thinking about what I want to do, what I am doing, what I can do- and coming up with so few answers or explanations. I spent four years in college committing to something which truly had such incredible meaning for me- an experience one can only have in a college atmosphere. Now, outside of what we called the BC Bubble, (I went to Boston College if your new here...) and outside of my team- it's been a difficult transition trying to find something I am equally as passionate about with such immense meaning to me. This video though reminded me that this doesn't have to be in the form of one giant thing, but many different little things. 

I think what this video reminded me is that we should all make more of an effort to find meaning in our lives in things other than personal satisfaction and enjoyment- but satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from doing something that will provide someone else with enjoyment.  If we get too wrapped up in the big picture, that enormous part of your life that just means the world to you, you might forget that happiness truly can come in the simple things, like water. 

Helping in this case doesn't have to be a donation- just by spreading the word, sharing the video to one friend who might share it to another who might be inspired and have the means to make a donation.. you never know what could be sparked by the simplicity of spreading the word...

xx
J

No comments:

Post a Comment