Pages

2.14.2012

Happy Valentines Day!


It's no secret that I have a definite adoration for this holiday <3 I love every single thing about it, every last corny hallmark card line and every single bouquet of red roses. Something about celebrating those who you love, and of course the infinite amounts of red white and pink just makes me smile from ear to ear. 

I remember one day, not too long ago my mom and I were going through a few things at my Mimi and Papa's house, and I came across a few different books which at first glance looked like big photo albums. To my surprise, when I opened one of them I found page after page of cards. Birthday cards, christmas cards, valentines cards you name it, and it was in there. My Mimi and I had a lot in common, things that I realized more as I grew up, but this collecting of cards was a quirk that I never realized we shared, until that very afternoon. I love the sentiments in cards, not just the ones that come printed on the inside, but the ones that come from the heart, hand written by whoever is giving it. 

As I sat on the floor in what used to be my Mom's bedroom a long time ago, reading card after card of my Mimi's lifetime, I stumbled upon more than one Valentines Card. Old fashioned cards, that definitely dated back a few decades- and inside were absolutely the sweetest sentiments from my Papa to my Mimi. I asked if I could save one particular card, to put with my other keepsakes that remind me of her, and my Papa together- and my Mom said yes. It probably came as no surprise to my Mom that day when I fell so deeply in love with this collection of cards. They told a story, in reading each of the sentiments written back and forth to each other through these cards (that went back many years) you could feel how strongly they loved each other. I could practically hear my Papa saying the words that were written on the page. Every now and then I pull that card out of it's memory box and re-read what is written, and without fail every time at least one tear falls down my cheek as I am yet again blown away by the power in the sentiments. 

Sometimes, all it takes is a few words spoken right from the heart :)
Have a Happy Valentines Day everyone!


To my very special valentine on this Valentines Day
I love you with all my heart Sean and I always will



No comments:

Post a Comment