Pages

4.25.2012

Going Gluten Free...


Recent research has shown many positive benefits of eliminating gluten from your diet. Studies have shown that some individuals' body make up may have a response to the ingestion of gluten that consequently triggers migraines. I am someone who unfortunately suffers from migraines on a weekly basis, when I read that there could potentially be a link between gluten and migraines I thought why not give it a shot! Not only could eliminating gluten from your diet minimize or absolve migraine issues- but it has also been proven that the ingestion of gluten affects different people in a variety of ways- it can negatively affect your mood, stress level, and energy.

Therein begins my gluten-free adventure. To begin with I was already a very picky eater, I have gotten a lot better over the years- my boyfriend tends to push the envelope and make me try new things- but none the less the variety of food that I eat is very limited, this paired with my intense involvement in collegiate rowing makes going gluten free and managing to take in the necessary nutrients is quite the task.

Here are some of the main foods that I include in my new gluten-free regime.

Grilled Chicken
Fresh Raspberries!
Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
Lightly Salted Cashews

Whole Natural Almonda
Granny Smith Apples

Bananas
For some crunch, these gluten-free pretzels are a delicious snack!

Do you have any interesting tricks and tips for gluten-free eating! Have you tried to go gluten-free?

2 comments:

  1. hey! keep us posted on how it works out! i get pretty bad migraines and am looking for other ways to keep them at bay in conjunction with the medication i take

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for following! I just wanted to let you know that the "gluten free" nutrition regiment has definitely curbed my migraines! I noticed results within the first two weeks. It is difficult to cut gluten out of your system completely, but avoiding gluten-based foods definitely helped to alleviate my migraines!

      Delete