Pages

4.24.2012

What A Whirlwin!

The past two weeks have been non stop! Starting two weekends ago in Camden New Jersey, where my team did phenomenally well at the Knecht Cup Regatta. This is a picture of my boat racing in the heat, we came in first place and advanced to the semi-finals where we came in second and confirmed a spot in the Grand Finals!
The Monday following Knecht Cup was Marathon Monday! The infamous Boston Marathon, which fell on possibly one of the hottest days Boston had seen this year was an absolute blast! We had the day off from school, and it was a perfect day to relax with friends and cheer on the runners as they made their way through "Heartbreak Hill" right by our Boston College Campus! In this picture from left to right is John, Me, Jess, Ashley, Blake, Nick, and Shawn down in front! 
This is my beautiful friend Rachel and I! One of our teammates ran the marathon and we all wore these tanks in support of her that say "Kates Crew" on the front! I love the neon pink! 
These are some of my lovely teammates we all raced in the same boat at Knecht Cup! From left to right its, Ellen, Erica, Nicole, Emma, Me and Erin!
This is my boyfriend Sean and I! 

The week after Marathon Monday went by really quick because that Friday was a travel day as my team flew to South Carolina where Clemson University hosted the ACC 2012 Rowing Championships. This is a picture of my boat, we made these shirts for this race, they say "2012 This is Our Year." My teammate Emma brought this tradition of making shirts to our team this year and I love it!
This is a picture of our boats' lineup for the ACC Championships. We got all dressed up the friday night before racing began and had a banquet with all of the other teams in the ACC. We were accompanied by Duke, UNC, UVA, Miami, and of course Clemson. We spend so much time in workout clothes it was nice to get dressed up for the night!
This year we started a new tradition on the team of having big and little sisters. These are my two little sisters, on the left is Katie and on the right is Kelly!


Me and our Captains! On the left is Charno and the right is Erin! They're incredible leaders, and amazing friends :)
It was a very busy few weeks, now we are back to the grind, this is our only weekend of the season without a race and with only two full weeks of classes left before finals begin, it's crunch time! Hard to believe that this year is almost over!


1 comment: