Pages

2.26.2013

February Frenzy!

Can the Spring get here any sooner?!

It seems like my life has been whirling around in a thousand directions, I haven't had even a second to stop and fill you guys in! Believe it or not, we're in the home stretch now before Spring break (YIKES!) which also happens to mean that this Friday there will be only a short 11 weeks until I graduate (d o u b l e YIKES!) 

In the meantime, *note the change in subject* here's a quick glimpse in pictures of whats been going on lately! 


1) Saturday after what was one of the longest morning workouts of my life (an indoor triathlon myself and my teammates and I competed in) my parents picked my up for a much needed weekend at home! We started off the weekend at the Back Deck Boston restaurant located at the corner of West and Washington. We had a delicious lunch, and ended the meal sharing the most decadent chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and a....get this- homemade cinnamon graham cracker, peanut butter marshmallow, chocolate s'more......literally to d i e for! Oh! & I had a delicious old fashioned root beer! To say I was treating myself after the mornings triathlon, is an understatement ;)

2) We meandered downtown a bit before heading back to the car, and stumbled on this cute outdoor bookstore called Brattle Book Shop which happens to be the oldest and largest antique bookstore- established in 1825!!! Crazy! I just loved that it was a snowy, cold afternoon but this alleyway was packed with people browsing the outdoor book shelves! 

3) This next one is probably the best news we've had all month....THE CHARLES RIVER IS FINALLY THAWING! My team has been vigorously training indoors for the past two months preparing for our Spring racing season. With our first race the 15th annual Jesuit Invitational just 18 days away we are SO excited that we can finally start getting some much needed time on the water! 

4) Lastly I woke up at home Monday morning to a white blanket of fresh snow covering my driveway, my dog waiting patiently at the door for my dad to come in from clearing the snow. Yes, we live just minutes outside Boston and my dad has a John Deer tractor... gotta love him :) really- and really there is nothing like home. The weekend at home was just what I needed to refresh and prep for this last week of midterms, papers and projects before Spring break. 



What have you all been up to lately?!

No comments:

Post a Comment